A functional audit offers insights on what is working best and what areas need to be improved. Procurement audit is conducted to uncover the procurement process efficiencies and effectiveness and identify what, and how to change to meet improved states. The as-is analysis indicates what improvements to be adopted for structure-process-performance alignment of procurement function and overall business performance.
We adopt a systematic procurement audit which captures the structure, process, decision-making, review and reporting of the complete procurement function. This assessment gauges the strengths and weaknesses of the processes, performance indicators that need to be used to improve the efficiencies further.
Even though the emphasis is on understanding the operational procurement, we provide a general understanding of procurement system performance which is useful in designing a procurement transformation program.
- Insights on current procurement system
- Identify weak points of the process
- Process for automation, removal or integration
- Improve sense of ownership from procurement function
- Increase sense of procurement urgency and overall organizational response